This Saturday at 11 a.m., five Macon churches will begin another massive food distribution to help ease the burden caused by COVID-19 and provide food for those needing a hand up.
Please visit the link above for more info!
Guidelines on Opening America Up
Here is a link for guidelines for individuals and employers to follow. Click Here
Helpful resource from the Southeast ADA Center for individuals with disabilities: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources page
Google Resource and Information page with many helpful vides and explanations: Click Here
In Effect Until Substantial Change in Pandemic Crisis for our area:
- DC’s physical office is closed, and will reopen as soon as possible, however, our staff are work remotely and are available to you by phone, text and email during normal operating hours – Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Coronavirus resources for the blind and visually impaired community: https://blindyblog.com/about-me/coronavirus/
- Coronavirus and Accessible Medical Settings: https://www.hearingloss.org/coronavirus-accessible-medical-settings/
- American Sign Language video on accessible emergency information: https://youtu.be/0w-VHwdi7WE
Information on COVID-19 Testing
Here are a few links regarding new information on resources available for the testing of COVID-19.
- Mercer Medicine is now offering the COVID-19 Antibody Test. This new test does not diagnose COVID-19. This test is ideal for those with a past exposure or known prior infection, or who experienced symptoms of COVID-19 but were never tested. Our providers can help you determine if this test is right for you. To schedule a test via the Mercer Medicine website Click Here
COVID-19 Evictions and the CARES Act
If you are undergoing an eviction it is possible your housing is covered by the eviction and foreclosure moratorium enacted in the “coronavirus aid, relief, and economic security (cares) act”. Click Here for more information.